Work Hours: 31-40
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $22.00-$24.00 DOE
Experience Required: 2 years
Education Required: AA Degree
Aerospace Manufacturing Company is looking for a Buyer to ensure punctual delivery of material and will work with suppliers on projected deliveries. The ideal candidate will be great at multitasking, and willing to adapt to changes while generating and maintaining all purchase orders.
This is a long term temp to hire opportunity.
Monday through Thursday 6am-4:30pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders for stocked or specialty items based on inventory levels, reorder points, lead times and customer orders.
- Ensure material is obtained at the best value considering quantity, quality & delivery times.
- Verify purchase order accuracy, and keep ERP system status up to date.
- Prompt follow-up and strong attention to all schedule requirements, and expedite purchase orders as required.
- Coordinate with quality personnel regarding rejections.
- Resolve price discrepancies, problems, errors with supplier in the company’s best interest.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with suppliers and internal stakeholders in support of departmental and company oriented goals and objectives.
- Seek and document lean process improvement ideas for the department
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on major activities and metrics within purchasing to the management team.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.