Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $20.00-$22.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 5 years
Education Required: High School or GED
This position is responsible for all aspects of the CNC Lathe operation in the production of precision aerospace components. Directs all lower level lathe machinists to ensure conformance to production and quality requirements.
This is a long term temp to hire opportunity. Hours are a night shift from Monday through Thursday 4:15pm-2:45am. Training would take place during the day 6:00am-4:30pm.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other tasks and duties may be required as directed.
- Set-up, adjust and write programs for CNC Multi-Axis Lathe Machine
- Oversee the operation and setups of multi-axis CNC Lathe Machine.
- Make proper offsets and adjustments to ensure parts are acceptable.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of machinery including the use of automatic features, and the output of quality product.
- Select the proper work holding equipment, and ensure competitive removal rates and set-up times are maintained or advanced.
- Notifies Shop Manager or Lead if any set-up or total run-time will exceed the standard.
- Responsible for performing the job function of the programmer on an as needed basis.
- Create and edit manual data input (MDI) machine tool codes at the machine control.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the machine tools.
- Seek and document lean process improvement ideas.
- Responsible for meeting production standards.
- Assist Cell Leader in maintaining production dispatch report on time.
- 5+ years of experience programming and setting up lathes, horizontals, and vertical mills is a must.
- Proficiency with ESPIRIT CAM is critical, Mastercam is acceptable
- Inventor or Solid Works CAD software knowledge is desired
- Must have depth knowledge of work holding and tooling methodology and hardware.
- Must have knowledge and experience in cutting tool selection
- Should have experience in the creation of Process Validation
- Capable of high-precision work while functioning as a team player
- Have a good understanding of fixtures and tooling and be capable of performing setups independently.
- Must have a good understanding of feeds, speeds, and required strategies based on material properties.
- Must be able to read blueprints and adhere to specified tolerances.
- Prior experience with live tooling
|· High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and one year certificate from college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit your resume if you meet the above qualifications.