Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $20.000/hour DOE
Experience Required: 5+ years
Education Required: High School or GED
Plastic Injection Mold Manufacturing Company is seeking an experienced Conventional Machinist/Tool Maker. Must be capable and experienced in all aspects of conventional machining including turning, milling, grinding and assembly.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with Quantum Staffing, Inc.
Salary: $19.00 – $22.00/hour DOE
Day Shift – 6am-2:30pm + Saturdays/Overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate conventional (manual) machines in the machine shop.
- Perform all aspects of the job including machine set-up, tooling selection, machine operation, and on-going measurement and dimensional inspection. You will be working from drawings, specifications, job layouts, and written and/or oral instructions.
- Proficient in operating tool room equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders and hand tools.
- Read & interpret drawings and specifications
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ machining experience in the manufacturing industry with knowledge of speeds and feeds
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of drawings
- Ability to read and operate precision measuring instruments
- Understanding shop math and trigonometry to set up machinery and check accuracy of work
- Ability to change over tooling to produce different parts
This company is hiring immediately. Please submit your resume immediately to be considered.