Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $80K-$130K/Year DOE
Experience Required: 5+ Years
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
$80,000 – $130,000/YEAR DOE
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for managing all site HR functions. Must have experience in a union environment. With functional guidance from the Senior HR Business Partner and in close collaboration with our HR Service Center in Charlotte, NC, this position implements corporate HR policies and programs to assure the most effective utilization of Human Resources to support business objectives.
- Manages the development and implementation of local personnel policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage plant HR department goals and objectives
- Manages labor relations administration including local policy and practice oversight and is primary information resource for labor relations topics.
- Manages administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement including leading preparation and participation in contract negotiations.
- Advises and collaborates with management in investigating, answering and settling grievances.
- Advises management of current labor legislation, labor market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, current wage rates, and employee benefit program practices and costs.
- Manages the local workers‘ compensation activities that include reporting injuries, communicating with injured employees, and working with management and employee to achieve claim resolution and return to work status.
- Oversight of site human resource information system records maintenance and site HR reporting including oversight of ISO training documentation.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local labor, employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Position Requirements Skills:
- Bilingual English/Spanish Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively with all levels of management and classes of employees.
- Effective decision maker.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening and follow-up skills
- Able to keep confidential information secure.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BA/BS College Degree required preferably in Organization Management or Business.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Programs
- SAP HR experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations affecting Human Resources such as EEOC, WC, COBRA, ADA/ADAAA, FMLA, HIPPA, ERISA, and NLRB