Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $18.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 3+ years
Education Required: High School or GED
Aerospace Manufacturing Company is looking for an Electrical Assembler to join their team in Santa Clarita, CA. Candidate will be responsible to conduct a variety of electrical panel/box wiring, minor testing, and troubleshooting on electronic systems to ensure the product functions according to company and manufacturer specifications.
$18.00/hour, DOE. 6:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture electro-mechanical products to specified work orders following engineering drawings, schematics, ATPs, manufacturing assembly instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Perform tasks such as but not limited to wiring equipment, panels, and enclosures according to detailed electrical schematics; perform point to point; crimping & soldering pins & terminals; heat shrinking; route and bundle wires, cables neatly & according to established electrical standards
- Inspects own work as well as the work of others.
- Operate a variety of hand tools and light manufacturing equipment
- Keep red-lines of any changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor/engineering upon their request
- Assemble components to specifications with the use of specialized hand tools, making decisions in fitting and adjustment of parts within established guidelines to achieve the required specifications.
- Perform and document work completed via a product traveler. Insures correct specifications and functional criteria are per the manufacturing instructions and good documentation practice has been accomplished prior to completion of work.
- Perform or initiates any required housekeeping or maintenance of equipment within the production areas.
- Work with limited supervision and follows written and verbal instructions.
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, organizational & analytical skills required
- Excellent work ethic and integrity. Flexibility to work in a small, motivated team
- Strong familiarity with using and the ability to read complex schematics, mechanical drawings, datasheets
- Proficient with use of hand tools & electronic test equipment
- Soldering equipment
- Hand Crimpers
- Heat Guns
- Skills in wire soldering, identifying, routing and terminating wires.
- Two year technical degree preferred. Will consider someone with intermediate to advanced level of technical knowledge in electronics, minimum of 1+ years’ experience required, 3+ years preferred in an electrical wiring (point to point) capacity
- Good communication skills
- Strong electrical & mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of ESD practices and procedures
- IPC certification a plus