Work Hours: 31-40
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $18-$20/hour
Experience Required: 2+ years
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
We are looking to hire an HR Assistant/Generalist to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Must be able to report to the office one day a week.
This position is full-time, 37.5 hours a week. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of HR Admin experience, knowledge of CA Labor Laws and hour/wages.
Full time, 8:30am-5pm – M-F
Temporary opportunity for 6+ months
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for overseeing employment process for students
· Assist with recruitment, selection and hiring staff members.
· Post open positions on career page and on-line employment websites. Assess and sort incoming resumes.
· Process new hire background checks when applicable.
· Responsible for on-boarding staff in individual or group setting; collect, information for I-9 verification.
· Maintain and utilize Docusign software to expedite the hiring process
· Organize and maintain all files, including personnel files for both active and inactive staff and faculty.
· Handle daily runs to the mailroom. Open, sort and distribute mail for the office.
· Order and maintain office supplies.
· Manage performance review system
· Keep current with legal issues related to employment/recruitment.
· Input and maintain data in Colleague HRIS and generate reports as needed.
· Process employment verifications.
· Respond to employee requests for assistance.
· Maintain the confidentiality of all personnel related matters.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities & Education:
· Minimum 2 years generalist experience in human resources management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Psychology or related work experience. PHR desired.
· Experience working with Colleague or other enterprise systems highly desired.
· Effective organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility to move between day-to-day tasks and project-oriented tasks.
· Requires analytical skills and intermediate to advanced computer skills (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets).
· Ability to lift/push up to 20 lbs
Please submit your resume immediately for consideration.