Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $25.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
Aerospace Manufacturing Industry
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Updates Job Description Manual to ensure all jobs have an updated description in a standard format
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation
- Provide support for training and development program and initiatives.
- Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Provides support in the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, wellness and employee assistance.
- Provides administration to leave of absences (FMLA, Sick, Vacation, Personal, etc.)
- Provides support for salary administration program
- Provides administration support for Workers Compensation cases (Investigates accidents, reports and follows up claims with Claims Administrator and injured Employee’s, OSHA record keeping, etc.).
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- AAP/EEO administration (Applicant flow log, executes and reports actions from AAP checklist and related reports).
- Conducts PeopleSoft Interface weekly for payroll
- Prepares internal and external reports (GIR, OSHA 300log, OSHA 300a, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as HR Generalist in an aerospace manufacturing environment or related industries, preferred, and work experience in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish
- Advanced level of proficiency with Human Resource Systems (People Soft preferred), Time & Attendance Systems (ADP preferred), Payroll systems, Spreadsheet, and Word Processing software.