Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $85K DOE
Experience Required: 3 years
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
*BA Degree required*
Aerospace Manufacturing Company looking for a Machine Shop Manager responsible for the overall direction, coordination, housekeeping, safety, and evaluation of personnel in the Machine Shop area.
Monday through Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm , $85k-$95k /DOE
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, facilitate training for, and enforce production policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with shop leads and provide support to ensure effective use of manufacturing facilities and personnel.
- Coordinate with planning team to establish work throughput schedules which reflect the shop capacities.
- Oversee the presetting process to ensure maximum utilization of equipment.
- Ensure that machine shop personnel consistently meet or exceed deadlines while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Interface daily with company ERP system.
- Define all training, machinery, tooling, and process needs of the department.
- Monitor all departmental expenses and accounts against budget guidelines.
- Monitor workload and schedules to ensure timely deliveries.
- Oversee planning sequences and review time standards for part routings.
- Oversee NC programming code software, use, and storage.
- Support and enforce management-directed lean process improvement philosophies
- Review new product designs for manufacturability.
- Design shop tooling as necessary.
- Ensure preventative maintenance policies are adhered to and that unscheduled repairs take place in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws to include conducting interviews, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, issuing incentive and disciplinary action, and addressing and resolving problems.
Qualification Requirements Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and one year certificate from college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/ Technical/Office Skills
- Design Software
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power Point
- Advanced Blueprint Reading
- Advanced Hydraulic/Pneumatics
- GD&T terminology and symbols
- Statistical Process Control
- Strong background in Raw Materials
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
Please submit your resume immediately to be considered.