Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $13-$14/HR
Experience Required: 1 year
Education Required: High School or GED
Valencia Aerospace Company is looking for a Manufacturing Shop Assistant
This is a temporary position, Mon-Fri 6:00am-4:30pm plus Saturdays 6:00am-2:30pm $13.00 – $14.00 DOE
- Assist with the loading and unloading of machined parts from the machine work surface at the end of the machining cycle.
- Clean and prepare the machine work surface and/or production tooling for the loading of the next set of parts.
- Clean and sweep chips away from work areas disposing of them appropriately (giving consideration to the segregation of material types and rules of reclamation).
- Assist N.C. Machinists with major clamp changes during planned interruptions in the program cycle provided for that activity.
- Consistently report all time worked: aligning that time to the appropriate category of labor collection via the MES stations located around the factory floor.
The ability to lift a maximum of 40 lbs. and to carry those 40 lbs. up to a distance of 20 ft. A minimum of 3 months’ experience working in a factory, machine shop, mechanical assembly, construction environment, or other experience demonstrating the applicant possesses the minimum acceptable level of mechanical aptitude
Please email resume to be considered.