Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
Experience Required: 2-3 years experience
Education Required: Trade School
CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER
ANTELOPE VALLEY AREA
Medical facility in the Antelope Valley is looking for an experienced Certified Medical Coder. You will be working inside the medical office, not from home. Billing experience is helpful but we are looking for someone with recent coding experience. This is a direct hire opportunity; hours are Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. $20.00/hour DOE
- Coordinates with clinical staff to assure documentation supports CPT and ICD 10 codes.
- Appropriately codes information about procedures performed and selects specific diagnosis codes from documentation.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing, assures eligibility verification supports reimbursement
- Works with billing staff to support follow-up on bundled services, denials related to medical necessity, and reviews all appeals to assure documentation supports coding.
- Provide training to physicians and staff to improve coding outcomes and continually trains on orthopedic, pain management, trauma/reconstruction codes
- Works with surgery schedulers to track and capture documentation on all scheduled procedures and tracks census at surgery centers and hospitals to assure all charges are captured.
- Aids in the training of financial counselor, reviews process of surgery schedulers to assure prior authorization and coding is appropriate before surgery
- Audits charts per quarter per provider and coaches providers on improved documentation.
- ICD-10/CPT experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Medical Coder experience working from Operative Reports and/or Visit Summaries.
- A HUGE PLUS to have previous E/M coding or Orthopedics experience
- Understand and observe legal concepts (e.g. HIPAA, confidentiality)
- Must be Licensed with AAPC (verifiable) as “CPC”
- Successful graduation from school with medical assistant diploma
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance
- Ability to type accurately and comfortable with computers
Please submit your resume to be considered.