Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $13.60/hour
Experience Required: 1 year
Education Required: High School or GED
Aerospace Distribution Company is looking to hire an Order Puller to be responsible to pull product to fill customer order requirements, by locating appropriate product with a radio frequency device, reading product numbers accurately, physically pulling required quantities at varying heights in the warehouse, and packaging and preparing labels, as per picking ticket specifications.
The Puller I will operate an order picker or forklift (as trained and certified) to retrieve and replace stored product. This is a fast-paced, entry-level position that requires consistent high energy, strong attention to detail and significant regard for safety policies and procedures within the warehouse environment.
- Please note, this is a TEMPORARY position without benefits; duration is approximately 6 months (possibly longer depending upon project timeline).
- Position covers 2nd shift (Monday-Friday, 2:30pm-11pm; pay is $13/hour plus .60 cents/hour for 2nd shift pay differential.
- Primary job duties include picking/pulling, packing, preparing labels to fulfill customer orders; frequent forklift operation (cherry picker); forklift experience REQUIRED; RF scanner experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and apply accurate knowledge and understanding of warehouse work instructions, policies and procedures in all work practices and decisions
- Utilize a radio frequency device to determine location, quantity and special requirements of product to pull and package
- Operate order picker or forklift to retrieve product and utilizes platform to prepare packaging
- Utilize scales to weigh and/or hand counts product to fill order quantity requirement
- Bag product per specification
- Utilize label printer to prepare labels, per specifications
- Return remaining product to proper location, as assigned
- Stage pulled and bagged product for next operation
- Know and apply established standards for quality, safety and productivity in all warehouse activities
- Maintain current forklift operation certification
- Perform and recommend process and quality improvements, as applicable to the job
- Attend regularly scheduled or impromptu meetings or company-sponsored training, as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic job-specific warehousing knowledge requiring ability to work independently with some supervisor oversite after training is completed
- Previous forklift certification, competency and safe operation, is preferred
- Ability to be trained and perform the essential duties of the job
- Ability to learn and gain knowledge of the warehouse equipment and systems, with competency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with professional daily interaction with internal and/or external customers (as trained)
- Strong sense of urgency and focus on tasks
- Ability to be detailed oriented, identify and distinguish difference between product number series and names with accuracy