Work Hours: 31-40
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $80K-$90K/year
Experience Required: 4+ years
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
Valencia Aerospace Manufacturing Company is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant to be responsible for performing a variety of accounting assignments under general direction. The successful candidate devises new approaches to most problems, seeking technical guidance on unusually complex problems. This position will coordinate accounting activities for assigned projects and provide limited supervision to lower level accounting personnel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares financial reports
- Gathers historical costs data
- Gathers spending and labor productivity for weekly reporting of performance
- Helps provide information for daily P&L reports for all Departments
- Support SOX reporting and testing process
- Track inventory
- Coordinate audit requests with internal and external audit groups
- Run and maintain Daily Flex Report tracking department output, direct and indirect labor and variable cost. Analyzing and reporting Productivity, trends and causes
- Assist Controller with the preparation of journal entries and adjustments
- Supports preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting including weekly and monthly P&L package, financial quarterly review and quarterly operational review
- Automate reports in ERP System (Syteline)
- Able to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications; high level of skill in Excel.
- Moderate degree of understanding general accounting and cost accounting terminology.
- High level of understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP.)
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff
- Able to work productively and independently
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and application of U.S. GAAP
- Experience managing costs and budget preparation
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment