Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 2+ yeasr
Education Required: High School or GED
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for packaging hazardous material shipments according to 49CFR and IATA regulations. Receives incoming material and distribute the items to proper personnel. Also responsible for all other regular shipping and receiving duties as assigned by the Shipping Supervisor.
- Handle shipping of hazardous materials as well as returning packages and receivables.
- Coordinate billing with accounting.
- Perform engraving and inspection of capsules and ensure all engraving jobs are performed within 24 hours.
- Ensure that all daily shipments are delivered to Accounting department daily.
- Ensure that all outgoing shipment have been wiped and processed by counting room personnel before leaving the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in the receiving and stock room areas as well as in the packaging area. Maintain all packaging and shipping supplies and that they are properly stored.
- Enter disposition of incoming parts after inspection is completed.
- Issue components against work orders for production personnel.
- Keep a log for van check out if other than designated driver use. Responsible for maintaining maintenance schedule for assigned van.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment used (engraver, label printer).
- Receive all incoming shipments and ensure that all work orders on the shipping dock are processed within 48 hours.
- Receive incoming parts and forward parts and receipts to inspection department.
- Receive incoming shipments in MACOLA system and verify packing list against purchase orders.
- Maintain and update shipping procedures to meet current IATA/DOT regulations requirement.
- Maintain copies of certificates for all Type A packages.
- Oversee packaging of all orders and ensure that all packaging meets regulations.
- Act as backup Shipper and Receiver. Travel between Burbank and Valencia facilities to deliver materials/mail, etc., as necessary.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to pass basic math skills test.
- Knowledge of ALARA.
- Good attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge of FedEx, UPS, and carrier shipments.
- Able to lift 80 pounds.
- Ensure work is consistent with Radiological Safety Management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift certified. Complete training in Dangerous Goods shipping requirement (49 CFR/IATA).
- Radioactive materials worker trained and qualified.
- Knowledge of IATA and 49 CFR regulations; certifications a plus
COMPANY IS HIRING IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IMMEDIATELY