Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 1 year
Education Required: High School or GED
Valencia Aerospace Manufacturing Company is seeking a Shipping/Packaging Clerk. You will be responsible for planning, preparing, and packing product for shipment in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
Pay is $13.00/hour DOE, long term temporary (temp to hire for the right person). Hours are Monday through Thursday 6am-4:30pm. Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed. Must clear a drug test and criminal background check.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other tasks and duties may be required as directed.
- Package standard assemblies and components per blueprint and routing requirements.
- Review routing instructions and update as required.
- Provide shipping data for billing.
- Support receiving clerk as needed.
- Update and properly close work orders by recording time incurred and quantity shipped in ERP system.
- Construct nonstandard boxes or containers as required.
- Select materials for packing and protection of product and method of bracing or blocking to prevent shifting or damage while in transit.
- Check package contents against packing list to ensure all parts are included.
- Apply labels as required.
- Keep track of daily job flow in accordance with dispatch report and backlog report.
- Set up labels on bagging machine and coordinate maintenance and repair of machine as needed.
- Maintain sufficient stock of packaging supplies in the area and order supplies as needed.
- Assist with shipping tasks to include processing orders.
- Set up uni-pack labels of Zebra machine and for bag and tag.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume immediately.