Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $60K-$70K/Year DOE
Experience Required: 5 Years
Education Required: High School or GED
Buyer – $60K-$70K/Year DOE
BS Degree Required
Direct Hire Placement
One of the largest Aerospace Manufacturing Company’s in Valencia, CA is looking for a Buyer to join their team. This position requires an aggressive, high-energy, and team-playing individual showing initiative and leadership potential. The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out broad assignments involving the purchase of critical items, and will require knowledge of best practices used in the procurement industry.
- Strategic sourcing with outside fabrication houses.
- Negotiating and managing LTA’s.
- Some travel required to suppliers and other facilities
- Significant interaction with senior level individuals in procurement and other organizations will be part of the assignment.
- Proactively communicates foreseeable issues to next level Supervisor, planners and/or program management.
- Ability to analyze data and generate reports especially related to delivery, quality and cost topics.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP applications and systems and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve variances and other factors that may be producing inaccurate data.
- Maintains data for MRP including but not limited to: Planner Code, Item Cost, Lead-Time, Order Multipliers and Minimum or Economic Order Quantity data sets.
- Ability to lead continuous improvement teams/events related to source, procure and planning initiatives.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing, Planning, Quality, Engineering, Sales, and other support teams to alleviate constraints to on-time delivery to meet customer need dates.
- Knowledge of manufacturing including: Sheet Metal, Complex Machine Components and Assemblies.
- Technical experience with commodities requiring close interface with Engineering.
- Understanding and ability to read blueprints, specifications and related technical documents.
- Fluent and proficient in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies and modifiers, bills of material, routers, material flow, inventory systems, capacity planning, customer required inventory replenishment systems, and other manufacturing strategies.
- Must be a team player with sound judgment and analytical skills as well as a team leader.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software and manufacturing MRP/ERP planning systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers/suppliers as well as handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in business or technical field is a requirement
- Minimum 3-5+ years Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in the understanding and application of capacity planning tools and MRP/ERP systems.
- APICS Certified (CPIM or CSCP) preferred.
- Other industry specific training and certification helpful: Lean, Six Sigma, RCCA certifications/experience.
Please submit your resume immediately to be considered.