Work Hours: 40+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $20.00-$24.00/hour DOE
Experience Required: 1 year
Education Required: High School or GED
Aerospace Manufacturing Company in Valencia, CA is seeking an experienced TIG Welder who will perform all types of welding operations as required including prototype and repair. This is a temp to hire opportunity, day shift, $20.00-$24.00/hour DOE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will weld or fuse all metals and be capable of setting up all weld machines and tooling.
- Welder A will use Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welder as required and work with Engineering department occasionally to develop or modify welding methods or new products.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must read blueprints, follow verbal instructions and work from engineering sketches.
- Must be capable of in-process inspection of all welding, issuance and use of weld rod to assure proper match of materials and other duties as necessary.
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance.
- Must provide own helmet, gloves, tools and tool box.
- TIG Welding experience
- Experience welding aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, Inconel, etc.
- Previous experience in welding, manufacturing or other related field
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- A minimum of one-year experience as Welder B or five years’ experience in performing duties similar in nature to those described above.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Some light physical effort required.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
- Must be able to walk on concrete floors and in environments where dust and other hazardous materials exist.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Loud noise levels. Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals.
Please submit your resume ASAP to be considered.